The Children’s Development Khazana (CDK) and Child Health & Sports Cooperatives (CHSC) program is being implemented in the Puri Municipality area with the support of Butterflies, Delhi, and Azim Premji Foundation, Bengaluru to bring attitudinal change in the community towards savings, health, education and children’s rights. The slum children covered under this program usually suffer from child labour, lack of proper education, protection, health service, etc.
To enable children to meet their survival needs, help children learn to prioritize their needs, and motivate street-connected and working children to continue education and access health care. To equip children with financial management skills, inculcate the habit of saving and budgeting along with providing basic training in keeping books of accounts. To facilitate children’s participation in decision-making processes, empower children with knowledge, values, and skills of democratic participation, and orient children to know their rights and responsibilities.
CHSC is a very unique program whose objective is to educate every child about the importance of safe and healthy living and reduce preventable illnesses by saving them from medical experience and promote sports among the children to have their physical, mental, social, and character development through children’s collectives.
- 5 branches added to Child Cooperative.
- Total 376 children members including 185 Boys and 191, Girls enrolled.
- Health sessions on yoga, hand washing, cleanness, sanitation & nutrition food organized in all the branches CDK Meeting CHSC Meeting 45
- CHSC members took action to resolve community problems such as drains, drinking water and road, etc.
- Total savings of CDK members till April 2022 – Rs.75686.00
- General body annually held – 116
- Children’s club meetings – 13
- CHC meeting held – 114
- Health Sessions held – 40
- 45 health educators felicitated with first-aid training & 145 people are cured in medical cases.
- 20 Sports educators and 34 Sports sessions held in five branches.
- Financial Management training – 9
- Life Skill training – 12
- Business Management training -10
- 20 Bodies elected in five branches.
During the period the withdrawal of money was higher than the previous year because of Withdrawal for different purposes like family support, family Business, education purpose, Medical Treatment, and festivals. Children withdrew more money for family support and education purposes. Presently children were more sensitized towards their rights & participation. On different platforms, they raised their voice about their education, sanitation & health issues.
Sports cooperatives are very important for children and the benefits of games and sports are innumerable mainly to develop cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally.