OLS is running a Children’s Home since 2004. This is a CCI set up; meant for care, treatment, education, training, and rehabilitation of children in need of care and protection. The children staying in OLS Children’s Home do not have family or any parental address to go anywhere. Almost all of them are children with disability. So, the Children of the OLS CCI are imparted with the best possible services in terms of their safety, physical health, nutrition, counseling, therapeutic services, special education, and nurturance of their hidden potential. Dedicated staff, house mothers, and fathers are trying to provide 24 x 7 cares giving services and fostering of love, affection, and humane values to 42 the children staying at OLS – CCI at present. Despite the COVID19 pandemic, OLS Children’s Home carried out the different programs from 2021 – to 2022 as follows:
- OLS Children’s Home (CCI) conducted different awareness training for CCI Staff as well as other associated workers on the prevention and management of COVID-19.
- A life skill education on virtual mode was conducted by PECUC on 25th March 2022 with the participation of 10 children.
- Vaccination camp was organized on 21st July 2021 at OLS for the residents above 18 years.
- All the inmates and the staff members of the CCI participated in the celebration of Children’s Day on 14th November 2021.
- All the inmates and the staff members of the CCI participated in the celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day on 6th October 2021.
- Home Management Committee meetings were conducted regularly every month.
- Group interactive programs were undertaken to improve the fine motor, gross motor, communication, and social interaction skills of children.
- A group session was conducted on personal hygiene and cleanness among the residents who are in the age range of 16-18.
- One-hour counseling session for Housemothers is being initiated every day as well as a group session every Saturday.
- An interview was conducted for the appointment of new staff and selected staff already joined OLS – CCI from February 2022.