Community Mental Health Programme
- Persons with Mental Illness (PWMI)
- Parents/Caretakers of PWMIs
- Other family members of PWMIs and Community Members
- Identification and assessment of PWMIs
- Parental Counseling for access to treatment of the PWMIs and their acceptance.
- Counseling to PWMIs
- Monthly psychiatric and medical consultation for treatment
- Provision of free of cost medicine distribution for identified PWMIs
- Door to door visit and regular follow up
- Parents meetings on quarterly basis
- Regular Self Help Group meetings
- Field consultation of PWMIs and their parents
- Documentation and updating database
- Livelihood support for PWMIs
Activities Undertaken in the Reported Year
- Conducting community level meetings
- Conducting village level meetings
- Conducting parents meetings (13)
- Conducting treatment camps (13)
- Field consultation (1)
- Parents Meeting
- Presentation of Pre- treatment stages and present status of PWMIs
- Assessment of their needs in the community and family by the parents.
- Addressing the mental illness and other categories of disabilities.
- Vocational training and self-employment for Stable PWMIs in their locality.
|Total no of PWMIs identified||–||447||(Female 16 – Male 282)|
|Total PWMIs under treatment||–||134||(Female 42 – Male 92)|
|Total PWMIs stabilized||–||38||(Female 16 – Male 22)|
|Livelihood support to PWMI||–||18||(Female 7 – Male11)|
Two beneficiaries who overcame the illness with treatment and counseling, and started their own livelihood with the financial support and guidance of the project by OLS.
THE PROJECT IS SUPPORTED BY BASIC NEEDS INDIA, BANGALORE.